Monday, August 16, 2010

Puccini's- Cumberland, MD

Located just east of Cumberland on exit 46 off of Interstate 68, Puccini's is a nationally registered historic site. The 1818 Hinkle House served as a civil war hospital during the battle at Folck's Mill. They have a wood fired pizza oven, which I'm sure we'll go back at some future point to try a veggie pizza if they've changed their dough recipe from the previous owners who included honey in it. The decor was interesting with several historic pictures and articles hanging from the walls, and a gorgeous fireplace in every room!

Puccini's full menu is available here.

For those of you who know me, I'm not a veggie lover, as a matter of fact, most of the time that I get a good dose of veggies is when Jim is sneaking them into my soups, beans, and pasta. I was planning on another spaghetti day, but that wasn't my fate for the day. I'm glad :)

When we arrived, we asked we asked our server, Anthony, about the part and parcel in their pasta. He wasn't quite sure so he brought back the actual bag and let us look at the ingredients list. Eggs... bleached flour... No pasta for me!!! At this point I look at Jim and shrug, I guess I'm going for a veggie wrap.

Photobucket


I was amazingly surprised, and wolfed this bad boy down!! All the veggies that I've never liked wrapped up in a vegan dream; Red peppers, green peppers, onion, squash, and zucchini. I will go back and order this again! If all my veggies tasted like this, I would most definitely order and eat them more often!

Jim ordered the Portabella wrap with portabella mushrooms, fire roasted red peppers, balsamic vinaigrette (which he thought had a bit much and will probably ask them to go lightly on when he orders it in the future). They came with home made chips, which he wasn't thrilled with, but is willing to try again.

mushroom wrap


Quality of Food:
Veggie Wrap: Super Stellar!
French Fries: Meh...you can't really screw up french fries can you, or can you?
Portabella Wrap: Meh, but Stellar with 75% less vinaigrette!
Home-made chips: Sucks!
Willingness to Accommodate: Stellar! Kudos to Anthony for bringing us the bag of pasta to check out the ingredients list!
Overall Experience: Stellar!

The total of the meals with two sodas was $21.02, plus the tip Anthony absolutely deserved ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment